In the battle against the ongoing pandemic, ZECO Aircon, in collaboration with RGF, has successfully earned the approval of ICMR-CSIR laboratory for its REME with PHI technology in a study conducted that revealed the efficiency of REME HALO with PHI TM cell on SARS-CoV-2 virus. The technology was found capable of causing a reduction of 97.48% of the virus within 15 minutes of activation of PHI Cell on surfaces. The SARS-Cov-2 is the deadly virus responsible for the fatal COVID-19 disease, that has left the entire world reeling from its ramifications.
ZECO Aircon – REME HALO
ZECO Aircon is a leading Indian manufacturer of air management systems and the exclusive Indian distribution partner of RGF Environmental Group, a major US-based environmental design and manufacturing company. The test was performed within short intervals of 15 minutes each and the same viral reduction was observed up to 60 minutes. The experiment was done in duplicates and the values were averaged to calculate % viral reduction.
%Viral Reduction=[Number of viral particle reduction without device exposure (Control) – Number of viral particle reduction with device exposure (Control)] x 100 / No of viral particle reduction without device exposure (Control).
Another test was performed in USA by RGF at the innovative Bioanalysis Laboratories in Cypress, Calif., which looked at neutralizing the virus within the occupied space in the air and on surface.
Commencing in March 2020, the study was overseen by Dr. James Marsden, Executive Director of Science and technology at RGF, “The study shows the REME HALO, to be effective in combating the COVID-19 virus and emerges as a valuable solution to immediately improve the indoor air quality of residential and commercial spaces and protect occupants against exposure to the SARS-CoV-2 virus.” The studies are still underway.
The test procedure used the SARS-CoV-2 virus inside a large chamber (1280 cu. ft.) representing a real-world air-conditioned office or home. The virus was nebulized into the space simulating a sneeze or cough from an infected person. With the REME HALO operating inside the chamber the virus was reduced on contact, resulting in a 99.9% reduction of the virus within the simulated real-world space, from air as well as surfaces.
“RGF and ZECO have set yet another milestone by successfully testing REME HALO with PHI technology to neutralize the deadly virus, in USA and in India. It is time to understand these microbes and effectively reduce cross infections with active purification technologies. This is not only an accomplishment for RGF and ZECO but will contribute immensely towards the betterment of mankind and will help neutralize the deadliest enemy of humanity at present. From public places, to residential & commercial spaces, REME PHI is a tested & proven solution that neutralizes the virus from Air & Surfaces & needed TO GET INDIA BACK TO WORK,” said Kartik Singhal, Director, ZECO Aircon Ltd., India.
The REME HALO is an “active” solution that neutralizes SARS-CoV-2 within the occupied space, eliminating the need for virus particles to travel through the HVAC system filters or passive UV air purification system.
About ZECO Aircon Ltd. & O2 Cure, India
ZECO Aircon Limited is a leading Indian manufacturer of air management systems and has the widest range of indoor air quality technologies & products on a global platform.
With its vision to meet global sustainability goals and to meet the demands of the changing environmental conditions. ZECO has introduced its Air purification vertical under its brand “O2Cure” providing a completely bespoke, personalized solution with a diverse range of proven air purification technologies.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022