LAKE MARY, Fla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–CentralSquare, a leader in public sector software, today announced the launch of a national campaign, ShareBlueSmiles, to spotlight police officers who go above and beyond to make a difference in their communities. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 98% of interactions between police and citizens have no use of force – in fact, every day across the country, law enforcement officers are helping kids, bringing meals to the elderly, driving those who are stranded and performing innumerable acts of compassion. ShareBlueSmiles communicates underreported, new and original stories about law enforcement personnel going beyond the call of duty to care for their communities.
Over the next few months, CentralSquare’s ShareBlueSmiles aims to deepen trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve by spotlighting dozens of officers who are making a difference every day. Highlights from the three initial ShareBlueSmiles stories include:
- In Richmond, KY, the Richmond Police Department celebrated a seven-year-old boy’s birthday, so he would not experience the disappointment of no one coming to his party for yet another year. Richmond Police officers arrived at the child’s home bearing gifts from the Department, including a toy police motorcycle, a police uniform, and a police helmet. The gifts were a huge hit as the child aspires to be a police officer when he grows up. Watch: https://sharebluesmiles.com/happy_birthday_daniel/
- In Cedar Rapids, IA, the Cedar Rapids Police Department went above and beyond the call of duty when a mom and her young son experienced a burglary in their home on Christmas Eve. Cedar Rapids law enforcement personnel not only replaced the young son’s Christmas gifts purchased by his mother, they also replaced many items that were stolen, including a television and other household items, turning the traumatizing experience into a long lasting, positive memory for the family. Watch: https://sharebluesmiles.com/saving_christmas_in_cedar_rapids/
- In Prince George County, VA, Prince George County Police Department saved the life of a woman who was experiencing irregular activity with her heart monitor but was unreachable by the heart monitoring company. After multiple attempts to find the woman and connect by phone, the officer’s persistence finally paid off when he was able to reach her just in time. Watch: https://sharebluesmiles.com/saving_a_life_lies_at_the_heart_of_everything_they_do/
“These three heartwarming ShareBlueSmiles stories are just a few examples of the countless positive interactions between law enforcement and citizens happening on a daily basis that are unnoticed or unreported,” said CentralSquare CEO Simon Angove. “By spotlighting the above-and-beyond service illustrated by these stories, we hope to help bring these daily interactions to the forefront and recognize the personal impact these personnel have on their communities. We’re proud to play this small role in helping to deepen trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve.”
Submit stories highlighting law enforcement officers’ acts of above-and-beyond service in your community at sharebluesmiles.com.
ShareBlueSmiles, inspired by CentralSquare and law enforcement partners nationwide, is a movement that spotlights positive, compassionate stories involving law enforcement and citizens across North America.
CentralSquare Technologies is an industry leader in public safety and public administration software, serving over 7,650 organizations from the largest metropolitan city to counties and towns of every size across North America. CentralSquare’s technology platform provides solutions for public safety, including 911, dispatch, records, mobile and jail. For public administration agencies, CentralSquare provides software for finance, HR/payroll, utilities, citizen engagement, community development, property tax, municipal services and asset management. For more information, visit CentralSquare.com.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022