The Centre has approved the Meghalaya government’s proposal for setting up an AYUSH directorate in the state, a minister said.
Meghalaya Health minister A L Hek said he attended a video conference with Union AYUSH minister Shripad Naik on Thursday, and it was decided that a directorate will be set up in the hill state.
“The Government of India has approved the proposal for a directorate of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy in Meghalaya,” Hek said on Thursday.
He said the state’s health department has already written to the revenue department and the department of urban affairs requesting them for allotment of land for creation of necessary infrastructure.
The minister said the Union AYUSH ministry has also agreed in principle to sanction 13 AYUSH health and wellness centres for Meghalaya proposed during 2019-20.
“The state government has also proposed another 22 health and wellness centres for the current financial year 2020-21,” he said.
The Union ministry had earlier this year decided to set up over 12,500 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres across the country.
The state health minister said that in Meghalaya, where land acquisition is a big problem, “we have decided to set up health and wellness centres at the existing primary health centres (PHCs) and community health centres (CHCs). We will have standalone centres based on the availability of land.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022