The Centre should move proactively to procure COVID-19 vaccines for children as many countries have started working on it, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said on Wednesday.
The ruling AAP dispensation led by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has voiced concern over safety of children while citing opinion of experts that children may be affected in a possible third wave of COVID-19.
aring a newspaper report, Sisodia tweeted, “The world has started working on vaccine for children under age 12. Centre Govt should proactively do the needful to procure as many vaccines as possible to keep our children safe.”
Currently, people aged 18 years and above are being vaccinated in India.
The screening of children in the age group of 2-18 for trial of Covaxin vaccine has started started at the AIIMS Patna and New Delhi to see if the vaccine is suitable for them.
- Scientists developing low-cost, saliva-based COVID-19 test inspired by glucose test strips for diabetes - June 18, 2021
- Over 2.58 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses still available with states: Centre - June 18, 2021
- Bharat Biotech’s pre-submission meeting for Covaxin EUL with WHO on June 23 - June 18, 2021
- WHO warns of fresh Indonesia surge fed by virus variants - June 17, 2021
- Anvidha Technologies Private Limited launches its highly anticipated Eyewear Platform - June 16, 2021
- Chingari announces ‘Chingari World Music Day Concert’ aiming at raising money for COVID Relief fund - June 16, 2021
- Inorbit Mall Whitefield vaccinates over 458 retail partners & staffs under the #InorbitCares initiative - June 16, 2021
- Physiotherapy plays a vital role in COVID 19 recovery - June 15, 2021
- Centre to provide over 96,490 Covid vaccine doses to states, UTs in next 3 days - June 15, 2021
- Over 25.87 crore Covid vaccine doses administered in India - June 15, 2021