More than 1.40 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses are still available with the states and Union Territories to be administered and over 96,490 vaccine doses are in the pipeline and will be received by them within the next three days, the Union Health Ministry said on Monday.
Over 26.68 crore (26,68,36,620) vaccine doses have been provided to states and Union Territories so far through the Government of India and direct state procurement category. Of this, the total consumption, including wastage, is 25,27,66,396 doses, the ministry said.
More than 1.40 crore (1,40,70,224) Covid vaccine doses are still available with the states and UTs to be administered. Furthermore, over 96,490 vaccine doses are in the pipeline and will be received by them within the next three days,” the ministry said.
As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, the Government of India has been supporting the states and UTs by providing them COVID-19 vaccines free of cost.
In addition, the government has also been facilitating direct procurement of vaccines by the states and UTs.
Vaccination is an integral pillar of the comprehensive strategy of the Government of India for containment and management of the pandemic, along with test, track, treat strategy and Covid-appropriate behaviour.
Implementation of the liberalised and accelerated phase-3 strategy of Covid-19 vaccination has started from May 1, 2021.
Under the strategy, in every month 50 per cent of the total Central Drugs Laboratory (CDL) cleared vaccine doses of any manufacturer would be procured by the Government of India. It would continue to make these doses available to the state governments totally free of cost as was being done earlier, the ministry said.
- India records less than 30,000 fresh COVID-19 cases in over three months - July 27, 2021
- Coronavirus lockdown and lack of sunlight: How Ayurveda helps in maintaining Vitamin D balance - July 27, 2021
- Pfizer, AstraZeneca vaccine antibody levels may decline after 2-3 months: Lancet study - July 27, 2021
- Govt trashes reports on missing target of administering 50 crore Covid vaccine doses by July-end - July 27, 2021
- Vitamin-C for fighting anxiety and depression - July 26, 2021
- Sun Pharma, Cassiopea SpA ink license & supply agreements for acne treatment drug Winlevi - July 26, 2021
- SpiceHealth launches mobile COVID-19 testing lab in Guwahati - July 26, 2021
- Smile Foundation’s “Health Cannot Wait Campaign” Aims to Provide 1 Million Protective Kits to Frontline Health Workers - July 26, 2021
- Vitiligo and the stigma associated with it - July 26, 2021
- Bharat Biotech terminates MoU with Brazilian partners after graft allegations - July 24, 2021