Chinese biopharmaceutical firm Sinovac said Friday a third production line for its COVID-19 vaccine has been put into use, doubling its annual capacity of the jabs to two billion doses.
Its CoronaVac is one of four domestic vaccines given conditional approval by Chinese authorities, which helps rush emergency drugs to market.
On Wednesday, experts from the World Health Organization said an interim analysis of clinical trial data from two Chinese vaccines, including Sinovac’s product, showed they demonstrated “safety and good efficacy”, although more data is still needed.
“Over 200 million doses of CoronaVac have been delivered to over 20 countries, including China,” said Sinovac in its latest statement.
Although Sinovac’s jab has been approved by domestic regulators, it has yet to receive authorisation by what the WHO considers “a stringent regulatory authority”, noted the UN health agency’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE).
Sinovac is among Chinese firms to have submitted data in applications for the WHO’s emergency use listing, which opens the door for the jabs to join the global Covax programme, which aims to ensure equitable access to COVID-19 vaccinations.
Follow the latest news on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
© 2021 AFP
China vaccine maker Sinovac says doubles production capacity (2021, April 2)
retrieved 2 April 2021
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no
part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
- खाद्य मंत्री श्री सिंह ने अनूपपुर में की कोरोना व्यवस्थाओं की समीक्षा - April 16, 2021
- Heavy energy drink consumption linked to heart failure in a young man - April 16, 2021
- AHA News: Waist Size May Better Predict AFib Risk in Men - April 16, 2021
- अब तक 69 लाख 69 हजार नागरिकों का हुआ वैक्सीनेशन - April 16, 2021
- Study reveals how some antibodies can broadly neutralize ebolaviruses - April 16, 2021
- ‘Magic Mushroom’ Hallucinogen as Good as Antidepressants: Study - April 16, 2021
- ऑक्सीजन टैंकर्स के लिये भी बनेगा ग्रीन कॉरीडोर, पायलेटिंग भी होगी - April 16, 2021
- Study estimates duration of employment loss experienced by adults with kidney failure - April 16, 2021
- JustLuxe Launches Yacht Showroom in Partnership with YATCO - April 16, 2021
- Rashes Can Occur After COVID Vaccine, But Dermatologists Say ‘Don’t Worry’ - April 16, 2021