The clinical trials of Russian Sputnik-V coronavirus vaccine will begin next month in many countries, including India, confirmed Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF).
In an interview to a Russian news network, Dmitriev said, “The post-registration studies involving more than 40,000 people started in Russia on August 26, before AstraZeneca has started its Phase 3 trial in the US with 30,000 participants. Clinical trials in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), the Philippines, India and Brazil will begin this month. The preliminary results of the Phase 3 trial will be published in October-November 2020.”
The announcement comes just days after Russia shared its “comprehensive data” on the vaccine’s safety with Indian authorities.
Following the publication of the results of Phase 1 and Phase 2 clinical trials of Sputnik V in The Lancet, India had asked for these details from the Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology which is based in Moscow.
The Indo-Russia plans for the Covid-19 vaccine extends to “co-development”, “co-production”, “clinical trials”.
Russian envoy to India Nikolay Kudashev confirmed this during an interaction when he said, “As far as we know, with some necessary technical steps the vaccine would be ready to be widely used, including abroad. For this purpose, we also remain in close touch with our Indian partners on different levels to work out modalities of cooperation, which may include supplies, co-development and co-production.”
- Pandemic Putting Americans Under Great Mental Strain: Poll - October 21, 2020
- Dublin Irish Festival Launches Event Mobile App Powered by Ease Logistics - October 21, 2020
- लगभग 5082 वाहन चालकों के लायसेंस निलंबित - October 21, 2020
- AHA News: How to Fill the Crucial Need for More Black Cardiologists - October 21, 2020
- Digital Transformation Gets Bigger, Better, Bolder at LiveWorx’19 - October 21, 2020
- 35 अभ्यर्थियों की नाम वापसी के बाद 355 विधिमान्य अभ्यर्थी शेष - October 21, 2020
- What will convince Americans to get a COVID-19 vaccine? - October 20, 2020
- Most U.S. Women Under 50 Use Contraception: Report - October 20, 2020
- New Alcon DAILIES® COLORS Contact Lenses Give Beauty Lovers Permission to Play with Their Eye Color Every Day - October 20, 2020
- Health Tips Why The Western Diet Keeps Making Us Sick This Is What A Scientific Study Says - October 20, 2020