Bharat Biotech’s COVID-19 vaccine, Covaxin, will no longer have to carry the ‘clinical trial mode’ label. Serum Institute of India’s Covishield already has this status. Earlier, Covaxin was granted restricted emergency use authorisation before the completion of trials.
The government-backed vaccine has been developed by Bharat Biotech, a 24-year-old vaccine maker, which 16 vaccines to its name and exports to 123 countries. Addressing a weekly press conference on Thursday, NITI Aayog member (Health) Dr V K Paul said Covaxin has been granted permission for restricted use in an emergency situation in the public intrest.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021