India’s COVID-19 caseload raced past 46 lakh with a record 97,570 infections being reported in a day, while 36,24,196 people have recuperated so far taking the national recovery rate to 77.77 per cent on Saturday, according to Union health ministry data.
The total number of coronavirus cases mounted to 46,59,984, while the death toll climbed to 77,472 with 1,201 people succumbing to the infection in a span of 24 hours, the data updated at 8 am showed.
The COVID-19 case fatality rate due to the coronavirus infection has further dropped to 1.66 per cent.
There are 9,58,316 active cases of COVID-19 in the country which comprises 20.56 per cent of the total caseload, the data stated.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 30 lakh on August 23 and it went past 40 lakh on September 5.
According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), a cumulative total of 5,51,89,226 samples have been tested up to September 11 with 10,91,251 samples being tested on Friday.
- Second virus wave could be worst than first: France hospital boss - October 23, 2020
- World Sight Day 2020 - October 23, 2020
- Health Tips: These Drinks May Be Helpful For Excessive Weight, Know How To Prepare - October 23, 2020
- COVID-19 lockdown reduced mental health, sleep, exercise - October 23, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री श्री चौहान ने दी अष्टमी और दशहरे की बधाई - October 23, 2020
- Nigeria resumes Yellow fever vaccination with safety measures necessary for the COVID-19 context - October 23, 2020
- क्या ठंडे पानी में तैरना डिमेंशिया के खतरे को कर सकता है कम? शोधकर्ताओं ने किया चौंकानेवाला खुलासा - October 23, 2020
- Study provides estimates of the effect of introducing and lifting physical distancing measures on COVID-19 R number - October 23, 2020
- यह बीसवीं-इक्कीसवीं सदी है किसकी !! - October 23, 2020
- इन आदतों को अपनाने से आप हमेशा रह सकते हैं स्वस्थ और फिट, रूटीन चार्ट में शामिल करें ये टिप्स - October 23, 2020