Coronavirus cases in India hit a record daily high with over 4 lakh new infections being reported in the last 24 hours, while the active cases crossed the 32-lakh mark, according to date updated by the Union Health Ministry on Saturday.
The infection tally rose to 1,91,64,969 with 4,01,993 new cases, while the death toll increased to 2,11,853 with 3,523 daily new fatalities, the data updated at 8 am showed.
Registering a steady increase, the active cases have increased to 32,68,710, accounting for 17.06 per cent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate has further dropped to 81.84 per cent.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 1,56,84,406,Ma while the case fatality rate stands 1.11 per cent, the data stated.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7; 30 lakh on August 23; 40 lakh on September 5; and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28; 70 lakh on October 11; crossed 80 lakh on October 29; 90 lakh on November 20; and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19.
India crossed the grim milestone of 1.50 crore on April 19.
According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), 28,83,37,385 samples have been tested up to April 30, of which 19,45,299 were done on Friday.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021