With 89,706 infections being reported in a day, India’s COVID-19 tally went past 43 lakh, while 33,98,844 people have recuperated from the disease so far pushing the national recovery rate to 77.77 per cent on Wednesday, according to data shared by the Union Health Ministry.
The total coronavirus cases mounted to 43,70,128, while the death toll rose to 73,890 with 1,115 people succumbing to the disease in a span of 24 hours in the country, the data updated at 8 am showed.
The COVID-19 case fatality rate has further dropped to 1.69 per cent.
There are 8,97,394 active cases of COVID-19, which is 20.53 per cent of the total caseload in the country, the data stated.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, reached 30 lakh on August 23 and went past 40 lakh on September 5.
According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), a cumulative total of 5,18,04,677 samples have been tested up to September 8 with 11,54,549 samples being tested on Tuesday.
- Aggressive melanoma cells at edge of tumours are key to cancer spread - October 20, 2020
- Optimize Your Immune System — Even in a Pandemic - October 20, 2020
- Health Highlights: Oct. 19, 2020 - October 20, 2020
- Survey: Only Half of Organizations Believe They Can Stop Cyber Attacks - October 20, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री श्री चौहान से मिले सतना जिले के युवा साइकिल यात्री - October 20, 2020
- CGHS: केंद्रीय कर्मियों को जिंदगीभर नहीं देना पड़ता है अस्पताल का खर्चा, जानें किन लोगों को मिलती है ये सुविधा - October 20, 2020
- Canada tops 200,000 COVID-19 cases - October 20, 2020
- Introducing The Planmeca Promax 3D at O’Neill Orthodontics - October 20, 2020
- Staying Social Can Boost Healthy ‘Gray Matter’ in Aging Brains - October 20, 2020
- Athletes Advance to Final Phase of The Next Olympic Hopeful - October 20, 2020