As India prepares to go for the third phase of the Covid vaccination drive from tomorrow i.e April 1st, the Narendra Modi government has clearly told all states that unless 100 per cent inoculation targets are met, the situation won’t get any better. Sounding an alarm at the high-level meeting between the Centre and state officials, the Modi government has reportedly said that the current trend shows that the situation is going from ‘bad to worse’. In simple terms, this means that the hospital beds are filling up quickly, unavailability of the oxygen cylinder. To top it, the general disdain of the public about getting the Covid jabs is adding to the present woes.
It is because of this reason that the Centre has told all states to make sure that all beneficiaries above the age of 45 are vaccinated. From April 1st, the comorbidity clause will not be applicable for the 45+ citizens. The latest official data shows that Maharashtra continues to have a worrying trend of a steep positivity rate. Several viral videos and pics have shown corona patients sharing the beds due to acute shortage at the hospitals. Super-spreader events such as festivals and poll rallies are going as usual despite the health warnings.
- Amid unprecedented cases, Delhi govt converts 14 top private hospitals into COVID-only facilities - April 14, 2021
- UK expands COVID-19 vaccine programme to over-45s, UK PM urges caution - April 14, 2021
- COVID-19: Curfew in Maharashtra for 15 days from April 14, says CM Uddhav Thackeray - April 14, 2021
- Covid-19: India fast tracks vaccine imports, pricing unclear - April 14, 2021
- From dry mouth to hearing loss: Some lesser-known COVID symptoms to watch out for - April 14, 2021
- All women Lions club plans to set up a Charitable Clinic for Women and Children of Slum areas in Indiranagar in the city - April 12, 2021
- Go green with Mediterranean diet’s new form - April 12, 2021
- Shruti Seth opens up about nailing 3-minute headstand post laparoscopic surgery - April 12, 2021
- Safe Motherhood Day: How to prepare for a safe IVF pregnancy - April 12, 2021
- Vaccinated Indian national among 20 new COVID-19 cases reported in Singapore - April 12, 2021