Ahead of the main festive season, India has been witnessing a steady decline in daily Coronavirus infections, thanks to the increasing pace of vaccination across the country and decline in new cases in Kerala. India reported 1.56 lakh new Coronavirus infections last week, a nearly 22% decline over the previous week — the sharpest fall since mid-June, according to data from the Union Health Ministry.
The country has reported below 2 lakh new Covid-19 cases last week for the first time in nearly seven months. New cases have been hovering around 20,000-25,000 for the past few days. At 20,799, India witnessed below 30,000 new Covid-19 cases for the tenth straight day, while the active cases declined to 2,64,458, the lowest in 200 days, according to data from the Union Health Ministry data on Monday. With the fresh cases, India’s overall Covid tally cases increased to 3,38,34,702, while the death toll climbed to 4,48,997 with 180 fresh fatalities, the Health Ministry said.
Kerala, which has been contributing over 60% to India’s Covid-19 tally for the past few weeks, and Mizoram, which is witnessing a sharp spike in daily Covid-19 cases, have announced further relaxations in Covid-19 restrictions, allowing more activities ahead of the festive season. The Union Health Ministry, state governments, and experts have warned people not to lower the guard and follow appropriate Covid-protocols, such as wearing masks, maintaining distance and avoid crowding, and keep the celebration low in order to check the spread of Coronavirus infections as it could trigger another wave.
Meanwhile, the Covid-19 vaccination drive has picked up pace in the country. India has so far administered 90.79 crore doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. In another good news that will further boost India’s vaccination drive, the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (NTAGI) chief said the rollout of Zydus Cadila’s Covid-19 vaccine is likely to take 2 more weeks.
- Essential Eye-Care Tips For A Safe Diwali - October 27, 2021
- Mansukh Mandaviya to hold meeting with state health ministers - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Kerala logs 7,163 new cases, 482 deaths - October 27, 2021
- Govt plans to invest Rs 100 cr per district to upgrade healthcare infra - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Active cases drop to 74,735 in Kerala - October 26, 2021
- Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission: Everything you must know about ‘India’s largest health infra scheme’ - October 26, 2021
- Moderna to supply Africa with up to 110 million COVID doses - October 26, 2021
- India committed to supplying COVID-19 vaccines to other nations - October 25, 2021
- Mamata Banerjee asks people to wear mask to prevent spike in Covid cases - October 25, 2021
- Dengue cases in Delhi cross 1,000-mark; over 280 fresh cases in one week - October 25, 2021