Tamil Nadu on Monday recorded 750 new coronavirus cases and 13 deaths, with the cumulative infections climbing to 27,21,021 and fatalities to 36,388. Recoveries of 843 outnumbered new infections, a government bulletin here said, adding the total number of persons cured of the virus so far touched 26,76,017.
The active cases dropped to 8,616, maintaining the declining trend of such persons over the past many days.
Coimbatore witnessed the highest single day fresh infections of 125, followed by Chennai at 110.
Perambalur, Ranipet and Thirupathur recorded nil new cases, while many of the 38 districts saw emergence of single-digit fresh infections.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022