The Maharashtra government on Tuesday announced rationalisation of the rates of COVID-19 treatment at private hospitals which is expected to give relief to patients outside big cities.
The earlier rates, prescribed by the government during the first wave of the pandemic, were based on the rates prevalent in Mumbai, said health minister Rajesh Tope.
have now decided to rationalise them further, so the charges will be reduced in tehsil- and district-level hospitals,” he said.
Tope was speaking to reporters after attending a meeting with cabinet colleagues and officials.
The government has also identified the private hospitals where the coronavirus infection treatment would be covered under the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana (MJPJAY), the state’s health insurance scheme, he said.
“The government has announced various packages for treatment covering all the costs including doctor’s visit and bed charges,” he added.
“Maharashtra is a progressive state, so the government is bearing the expenses of treatment,” Tope said.
Besides COVID-19, mucormycosis (black fungus) treatment is also covered under the MJPJAY, he noted.
“There are some 4,000 cases of mucormycosis in the state at present. We are trying to make the medicine for it available to all patients,” the health minister said.
- Over 700 doctors died of Covid-19 during second wave: Indian Medical Association - June 12, 2021
- Puducherry: Health Department to hold ‘vaccination festival’ from June 16 - June 12, 2021
- Covaxin: Bharat Biotech to release 3rd phase efficacy data in 7-8 days - June 12, 2021
- Rajasthan govt announces financial package for children orphaned by Covid - June 12, 2021
- G-7 nations expected to pledge 1 billion vaccine doses for world - June 11, 2021
- Japan city uses tsunami lessons for COVID-19 vaccinations - June 11, 2021
- Over 1.17 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses available with states: Centre - June 11, 2021
- “JCB India announces a COVID Relief Package for its employees, aims to Vaccinate all its employees” - June 11, 2021
- Govt issues guidelines on COVID in children; suggests rational use of CT scan; Remdesivir not recommended - June 10, 2021
- Antibody Cocktail treatment during Covid-19: Here’s everything you need to know about it - June 10, 2021