Free of cost anti-COVID-19 vaccination for those belonging to the 12-14 year age bracket is all set to begin from today. The Health Ministry said in a statement on Tuesday that the government would start COVID vaccinations for 12-13 year and 13-14 year age groups after due deliberations with scientific bodies.
“The Union government, after due deliberations with scientific bodies, has decided to start the COVID-19 vaccination for 12-13 year and 13-14 year age groups (those born in 2008, 2009 and 2010 i.e. those who are already above 12) on 16th March 2022,” read the statement.
The eligible beneficiaries can get vaccinated either via online registration on CoWIN (beginning at 9 am today) or through walk-in registration at vaccination centres. Biological E’s Corbevax will be used to inoculate this age group.
Corbevax is an intramuscular, two-dose vaccine that needs to be administered at an interval of 28 days, as per the ministry release.
Biological E has supplied five crore doses of the jab to the Centre and the vaccine has also been distributed to the states. As per the government sources, around 7.11 crore children will be vaccinated under the new age group.
Meanwhile, lauding India’s efforts, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the country’s “vaccination drive is people-powered.”
“Today is an important day in India’s efforts to vaccinate our citizens. Now onwards, youngsters in the 12-14 age group are eligible for vaccines and all those above 60 are eligible for precaution doses. I urge people in these age groups to get vaccinated,” PM Modi tweeted.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022