The Centre has introduced a real-time ticker tracking the vaccination count on the CoWIN portal.
National Health Authority CEO RS Sharma tweeted: “…we have added a ticker to show vaccinations happening in near real-time. We are currently clocking over 42,000 vaccinations/minute or 700/second.”
Sharma also said the ticker celebrates the relentless efforts of the country’s vaccinators.
The CoWIN portal, which is mandatory for Indian citizens to register for vaccines, faced a myriad of problems following its launch earlier this year. However, the glitches on the portal proved to be a stumbling block for many Indians, leading to criticism from several quarters. Many volunteer groups, start-ups, and activists pitched in to help citizens, many of whom with zero digital literacy, register.
On the day registrations opened for all adults on CoWIN, the dedicated website crashed. Many complained that the portal was not working. Within an hour of registrations opening, the government had to fix a “minor glitch” in the portal.
The launch of the new real-time ticker comes on the birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who has championed the removal of India’s digital divide. Till Friday afternoon, India vaccinated over 1.35 crore people against Covid-19 — the fourth time the country has passed the 1-crore mark in a month.
India aims to inoculate 2 crore people to mark Modi’s 71st birthday. The BJP has prepared its volunteers to maximum coverage and achieve the vaccination milestone.
Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya tweeted that this was the fastest pace at which India had administered 1 crore doses. “On PM @Narendra Modi Ji’s birthday, till 1:30 pm, the country has crossed the mark of 1 crore vaccines, the fastest so far, and we are continuously moving forward,” Mandaviya, who recently took charge of the Union Health Ministry, tweeted in Hindi. “I believe that today we will all make a new record of vaccination and give it as a gift to the Prime Minister.”
- Essential Eye-Care Tips For A Safe Diwali - October 27, 2021
- Mansukh Mandaviya to hold meeting with state health ministers - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Kerala logs 7,163 new cases, 482 deaths - October 27, 2021
- Govt plans to invest Rs 100 cr per district to upgrade healthcare infra - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Active cases drop to 74,735 in Kerala - October 26, 2021
- Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission: Everything you must know about ‘India’s largest health infra scheme’ - October 26, 2021
- Moderna to supply Africa with up to 110 million COVID doses - October 26, 2021
- India committed to supplying COVID-19 vaccines to other nations - October 25, 2021
- Mamata Banerjee asks people to wear mask to prevent spike in Covid cases - October 25, 2021
- Dengue cases in Delhi cross 1,000-mark; over 280 fresh cases in one week - October 25, 2021