India reported 18,795 new cases on Tuesday. For the first time after 201 days, the daily new case count fell below 20,000. The country’s active caseload remained below three lakhs, with 2.92 lakh total cases.
India’s recovery rate stood at 97.81%, the highest since March 2020. The cumulative vaccination coverage crossed the 87-crore mark, and was at 87.56 crore doses on Wednesday.
For the fifth time, more than 1.02 crore doses were administered in a day on Tuesday. Covaxin crossed the 10-crore mark on Wednesday, while accounted for 77 crore doses administered.
The active caseload of 2,92,206 is the lowest in 192 days, and constitutes 0.87% of the total positive cases. The weekly positivity rate was at 1.88% and has remained below 3% for the last 95 days.
The daily positivity rate was 1.42%. It has remained below 3% for the last 29 days and below 5% for 112 consecutive days now. Total Covid-19 deaths have reached 4,47,373, with 179 deaths reported on Wednesday.
- WHO’s technical advisory group to meet on Oct 26 to consider Covaxin - October 19, 2021
- 163 oxygen plants set up in MP after shortage during 2nd COVID-19 wave: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - October 19, 2021
- India’s R-value below 1 since September, researchers say - October 19, 2021
- Mumbai: Double vaccine jab not mandatory to enter theatres, colleges to reopen with 50% attendance - October 19, 2021
- Daily exercise routine, balanced diet, active lifestyle & quality sleep key to success in personal & professional lives: Experts - October 19, 2021
- Storia® Food & Beverages gets backed by Sixth Sense Ventures - October 19, 2021
- No COVID-19 death in Mumbai for first time almost since pandemic began - October 18, 2021
- New govt hospital to come up in Delhi’s Shalimar Bagh - October 18, 2021
- Mix-and-match vaccines highly effective against COVID-19: Lancet - October 18, 2021
- Self-reliance: Govt aims to make semiconductors in India by mid-2022 - October 18, 2021