India reported 18,795 new cases on Tuesday. For the first time after 201 days, the daily new case count fell below 20,000. The country’s active caseload remained below three lakhs, with 2.92 lakh total cases.
India’s recovery rate stood at 97.81%, the highest since March 2020. The cumulative vaccination coverage crossed the 87-crore mark, and was at 87.56 crore doses on Wednesday.
For the fifth time, more than 1.02 crore doses were administered in a day on Tuesday. Covaxin crossed the 10-crore mark on Wednesday, while accounted for 77 crore doses administered.
The active caseload of 2,92,206 is the lowest in 192 days, and constitutes 0.87% of the total positive cases. The weekly positivity rate was at 1.88% and has remained below 3% for the last 95 days.
The daily positivity rate was 1.42%. It has remained below 3% for the last 29 days and below 5% for 112 consecutive days now. Total Covid-19 deaths have reached 4,47,373, with 179 deaths reported on Wednesday.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022