New Delhi: A day after announcing a ban on the import off 101 defence items, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will on Monday launch the ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat Saptah’. The announcement, scheduled at 3:30 PM, is set to introduce “a big push” towards Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s self-reliant initiative to promote indigenously built goods and services.
In a series of tweets last evening, the defence minister said that the Atma Nirbhar Bharat initiative will offer a great opportunity to the Indian Defence industry to manufacture the items in the negative list by using their own design and development capabilities, as well as by adopting technologies designed and developed by DRDO that can meet the requirements of the Armed Forces. “The Ministry of Defence is now ready for a big push to #AtmanirbharBharat initiative. MoD will introduce import embargo on 101 items beyond given timeline to boost indigenisation of defence production,” Singh had tweeted.
Singh said that the ministry had bifurcated the capital procurement budget for current fiscal year between domestic and foreign capital procurement routes, and a separate budget head had been created with an outlay of nearly Rs 52,000 crore for domestic capital procurement in the current financial year.
“Almost 260 schemes of such items were contracted by the Tri-Services at an approximate cost of Rs 3.5 lakh crore between April 2015 and August 2020. It is estimated that contracts worth almost Rs 4 lakh crore will be placed upon the domestic industry within the next 6 to 7 years,” he said.
“Of these, items worth almost Rs 1,30,000 crore each are anticipated for the Army and the Air Force while items worth almost Rs 1,40,000 crore are anticipated by the Navy over the same period. #AtmanirbharBharat,” the Minister tweeted.
- WHO reports third straight daily record in virus cases - October 26, 2020
- Colombia reaches 1 million confirmed coronavirus cases - October 25, 2020
- गृह मंत्री डॉ. मिश्रा और कृषि मंत्री श्री पटेल ने विजयादशमी की दी शुभकामनाएँ - October 25, 2020
- Skip Costume Contact Lenses This Halloween - October 25, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री श्री चौहान ने प्रदेशवासियों को दी विजयादशमी की शुभकामनाएँ - October 25, 2020
- Tata Memorial Centre Walk In 26th and 27th Oct 2020 for Bpharma Dpharma Bsc Msc DiplomaMultiple Positions - October 25, 2020
- S Kant Healthcare Ltd Walk In Interviews for Quality Assurance on 30th Oct 2020 - October 25, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री निवास में दुर्गा नवमी पर पूजा अर्चना और कन्या पूजन - October 25, 2020
- राज्यपाल श्रीमती पटेल ने विजय दशमी पर्व की बधाई दी - October 25, 2020
- कोविड-19 को हराने का और एक बने, नेक बने का ले संकल्प: श्रीमती पटेल - October 25, 2020