The total number of COVID-19 cases in Delhi climbed to 6,34,773 today as 249 more people tested positive for the disease while the positivity rate rose to 0.42 per cent, officials said.
For the past six days, Delhi’s daily cases had remained below the 200-mark.
The fresh cases came out of 58,725 tests conducted the previous day, according to the latest bulletin issued by the Delhi health department.
The positivity rate stood at 0.42 per cent, the bulletin stated. The national capital’s death count rose to 10,841 as six more people died, it said.
The active cases tally dropped to 1,551 from 1,575 on Thursday, it added.
Of the total 58,725 tests conducted the previous day, 31,093 were RT-PCR tests and 27,632 were rapid antigen tests, the bulletin said.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021