Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital & Research Centre (BMCHRC) is Rajasthan’s only single super specialty cancer hospital with the most advanced cancer care facilities. Besides lending a hand to the underprivileged, BMCHRC provides highly subsidized packages to the patients belonging to the weaker strata. This is made possible with its unique specialties and welfare initiatives that ensure availability and access to dedicated programmes and packages. One such specialized program is Donate A Life.
HELP A CHILD DEFEAT CANCER
With an objective of gifting a happy life with holistic health and wellness, “Donate A Life” programme has been initiated by Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital and Research Centre (BMCHRC) in August 2014. The programme aims to extend free treatment for the treatable blood cancers in the children aged between 1 to 14. These three types of curable blood cancer are- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Low Risk (ALL), Acute Promylocytic Leukemia (APML) and Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (HL)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAMME
Ø Internationally approved chemotherapy protocols
Ø The exceptional cure rate of over 90%, leading to cancer free and productive life
Ø Treatment by the highly experienced and competent physicians
Ø The entire cost of treatment including medicines, bed, consultation and nursing, is managed by the dedicated ‘Donate A Life’ fund account.
Affirming the positive results of this treatment, Dr Lailt Mohan Sharma, Oncologist, BMCHRC says; “If children have repeated attacks of fever or lump observed on any part of the body, an immediate visit to the doctor is necessary. It a possible to make children free from blood cancer with the help of timely & regular treatment. Early stage diagnosis helps a child to recover and lead a normal life”.
Under this flagship welfare programme, BMCHRC has an outstanding record of treating 155 children till June 2020, out of which 144 are now leading a cancer free life.
Mohit, a playful kid started suffering from repeated attacks of fever. Later, a lump was observed on both sides of his neck. When biopsy of this lump took place, Mohit was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Cancer. The lump was sent to Bahgwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital & Research Centre and it was found that the cancer had already spread from the neck to chest as well as to abdomen making it a case of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Advance Stage-4 BS. This news was a numbing shock for Mohit’s father, Lalchand Saini, a poor labor. BMCHRC management briefed him about ‘Donate a Life’ and came for his and his child’s rescue from this dreadful ailment. Taking the family’s consent, Mohit was immediately registered for treatment under ‘Donate a Life’ programme. Despite being in an advanced stage of cancer, this brave child responded well to the treatment. He was successfully able to fight against the cancer. The core motive of ‘Donate a Life’ is not to let destitution defeat the life of a child. Now the child is healthy and has been leading a normal life full of hopes and light.
Patients from Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab have received treatment under this project. ”further informs, Dr S G Kabra, Director Clinical Services, BMCHRC.
It is imperative to note that the hospital provides free hospital services to the people under Below Poverty Line up to the extent of 25%. Till now the hospital has spent Rs. 61.13 crore to provide free treatment.
- Coffee, Green Tea Might Extend Life for Folks With Type 2 Diabetes - October 24, 2020
- Europe, WHO sound alarm over resurgent virus crisis - October 24, 2020
- Covid-19 Vaccine: India Gives Approval To Start Phase Three Clinical Trials - October 24, 2020
- US suicide rate fell last year after decade of steady rise - October 24, 2020
- Depression औऱ Migrane के लिए करें ये आसन… -जल्द मिलेगी राहत | Baba Ramdev Yog Yatra - October 24, 2020
- New population of immune cells could play a role in multiple sclerosis - October 24, 2020
- MEDREICH LIMITED Urgent Requirements for QA QC Technology Transfer R and D Departments Apply Now - October 24, 2020
- RECKON Diagnostics Urgent Openings for Freshers and Experienced in QA R and D Production Finance Distribution Administration Departments Apply Now - October 24, 2020
- Mankind Pharma Ltd Mega Walk In Drive for Multiple Openings in Quality Assurance Quality Control Microbiology Departments on 1st Nov 2020 - October 24, 2020
- Vaccine Trials Should Not Be Stopped Even In The Event Of Death, Scientists Have Said | वैज्ञानिकों ने कहा - October 24, 2020