The US government is purchasing an additional 200 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine and will have enough to vaccinate 300 million Americans by the end of the summer, a senior administration official said Tuesday.
An additional 100 million doses of vaccine are being bought from Pfizer and an additional 100 million doses from Moderna, the two companies whose vaccines have been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration, the official said.
“With these additional doses, the US will have enough vaccine to fully vaccinate 300 million Americans by the end of this summer,” virtually the entire US population, the official told reporters.
President Joe Biden has pledged to provide 100 million Covid shots in his first 100 days in office, and the official said the administration was increasing its overall weekly vaccine supply to states and territories.
It was increasing the supply from 8.6 million doses a week to a minimum of 10 million doses.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021