The Centre has asked states and UTs to consider exchange of near expiry COVID-19 vaccine vials available at private vaccination centres with long expiry vaccine doses stocked with government facilities to ensure there is no wastage.
Additional Secretary in the Union Health Ministry Vikas Sheel recently wrote to states and UTs on the issue of near expiry vaccines available at private Covid vaccination centres (CVCs). Earlier also directions were issued to West Bengal, Karnataka, Kerala and Maharashtra in this regard.
It has also been communicated to all states that regular review is to be carried out on the status of Covid vaccines, if available, with private CVCs.
“It is reiterated to all States/UTs that the MoHFW has no objection for states and UTs to consider exchange of near expiry vaccine vials of private CVCs with long expiry vaccine vials available with government CVCS after due diligence. Kindly ensure that no vial of Covid vaccine in government CVCs as well as in private CVCs should be wasted,” Sheel said in the letter. The provision of entry of these exchanged vaccines is available on Co-WIN portal for Covid vaccination.
- Ayush Ministry signs MoU with Ministry of Rural Development to empower the rural youth - March 17, 2023
- Know what’s best for your ‘Kidney’ – Understand the ‘Y.’ - March 9, 2023
- KidneyHealthForAll on World Kidney Day - March 9, 2023
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022