India, the epicentre of the world’s worst coronavirus outbreak, will witness the third wave of Covid-19 infections, the Centre has said. This warning comes at a time when states have seen some noticeable dip in the daily caseload of fresh Covid-19 infections. So, has India has already seen the peak of the second wave of the coronavirus? Experts have still not arrived at any conclusion despite the latest drop in the daily cases.
While there is a debate over the official data provided by the Union Health Ministry with many alleging India of massive underreporting, the WHO says that even the official data shows how grim the situation is. The World Health Organization says that every fourth person dying due to Covid is from India.
With an average caseload of more than 3.5 lakh cases for more than 10 days in running, India accounts for nearly 50% of the global caseload. On numerous occasions, the health ministry has reiterated that there is no shortage of the vaccine. However, the daily inoculation data shows that there has been a massive decline in jabs administered per day since April 1st last month.
During the daily briefing, the top health ministry official said that the dip in cases show that the coronavirus curve is plateauing in some states. While Mumbai’s promising improvement may be the glimmer of hope but the nearly thousand deaths in Maharashtra in the last 24 hours show that the virus is killing more people this time. The situation is worsening in states such as West Bengal, Karnataka and Kerala. Bengaluru and Tamil Nadu capital Chennai are areas of concern, the Centre says. On the reason behind the devastating second wave, the Centre says that as the majority of the population dropping caution, along with less immunity due to 1st wave worsened the impact of the second wave.
- Uttarakhand govt to allow ayurvedic doctors to prescribe allopathic medicines - June 22, 2021
- Rural areas administered more doses than urban in record Covid vaccination on June 21: Govt - June 22, 2021
- National Digital Health Mission: NHA invites suggestions ahead of NDHM rollout - June 22, 2021
- Genetics diagnostics in India is on the verge of transformation: Neeraj Gupta, Founder and CEO of Genes2me - June 22, 2021
- Centre has allocated only 15 lakh Covid vaccine doses to Delhi in July: Manish Sisodia - June 21, 2021
- DRDO-DRL’s 2DG drug for COVID-19 treatment gets delayed - June 21, 2021
- Yoga helped many in tackling COVID-19 crisis, says Goa CM Pramod Sawant - June 21, 2021
- Some Ayurvedic formulations can be effective in managing post-Covid hyperglycemia - June 21, 2021
- Uttarakhand: SIT to probe fake Covid testing during Kumbh - June 19, 2021
- Leaders of Germany, France urge vigilance over virus variant - June 19, 2021