Germany will place the Netherlands among countries classified as high-risk zones due to elevated numbers of COVID-19 cases, Berlin’s infectious disease agency announced Sunday.
Beginning Tuesday at midnight, travellers from the Netherlands will have to present a negative virus test to enter Germany, according to the Robert Koch Institute.
A quarantine period of 10 days must also be observed with the possibility of halting it after five days on presentation of a negative test.
There will be exceptions for people commuting between the neighbouring countries for work.
Germany, where concern has mounted over a third wave of the pandemic, has already classified neighbouring France, the Czech Republic and Poland as high-risk zones.
The Netherlands borders Lower Saxony and North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany’s most populous state with 18 million people.
On March 23, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte announced an extension of coronavirus restrictions until April 20 with infections on the rise.
The Netherlands, which has a population of over 17 million, has recorded more than 1.2 million virus cases and over 16,000 deaths linked to the disease.
Follow the latest news on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
© 2021 AFP
Germany to add Dutch to COVID high-risk list (2021, April 4)
retrieved 4 April 2021
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no
part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
- A method to assess COVID-19 transmission risks in indoor settings - April 16, 2021
- Later School Start Times Mean Better-Rested Kids: Study - April 16, 2021
- हरदा में 26 अप्रैल तक रहेगा कोरोना कर्फ्यू - April 16, 2021
- Ten reasons why the coronavirus is airborne - April 16, 2021
- Your Zip Code Could Help or Harm Your Brain - April 16, 2021
- 10वीं और 12वीं के प्रवेश-पत्रों में 10 मई तक करा सकेंगे संशोधन - April 16, 2021
- Temporal link between medical cannabis for epilepsy and early puberty - April 16, 2021
- COVID Plus ‘Bleeding’ Stroke Doubles a Patient’s Death Risk - April 16, 2021
- खाद्य मंत्री श्री सिंह ने अनूपपुर में की कोरोना व्यवस्थाओं की समीक्षा - April 16, 2021
- Heavy energy drink consumption linked to heart failure in a young man - April 16, 2021