The risk of mutation will remain for a long time, he warned. He urged people to celebrate festivals like Ganeshotsav, Navratri and Eid at home and limit unnecessary visits to crowded areas.
The Union health ministry has advised against any mass gatherings during the festive season.
“Full vaccination should be a prerequisite if it is absolutely essential to have a gathering of some people,” Balram Bhargava, director general of Indian Council of Medical Research, said. There are still 39 districts with more than 10% positivity and 38 districts with case positivity between 5-10%.
- V K Paul, member, health, Niti Aayog, said the X factor is the behaviour of the virus, which could mutate, and there is no way to control it or form a strategy to deal with it. The risk of mutation will remain for a long time, he warned. He urged people to celebrate festivals like Ganeshotsav, Navratri and Eid at home and limit unnecessary visits to crowded areas.
The country reported 47,092 new Covid-19 cases on Thursday. This is the highest daily figure in the last two months, with a daily positivity rate of 2.62% and a weekly positivity rate of 2.58%. The total active caseload is at 3,89,583. Kerala accounted for 59% of the cases, followed by Maharashtra at 14.02%.
The country has administered 66 crore vaccine doses, with 54% of the total adult population having received their first dose and 16.6% the second dose. Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim and Dadra Nagar Haveli have achieved 100% administration of the first dose.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021