On the occasion of World Health Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said the government is working tirelessly to augment India’s health infrastructure with a focus on ensuring good quality and affordable healthcare to citizens. Declared by the World Health Organization (WHO), World Health Day is celebrated on April 7 every year. On this year’s World Health Day, the WHO is focussing global attention on urgent actions needed to keep humans and the planet healthy and foster a movement to create societies focused on wellbeing.
“Greetings on World Health Day. May everyone be blessed with good health and wellness. Today is also a day to express gratitude to all those associated with the health sector. It is their hardwork that has kept our planet protected,” Modi tweeted.
The government of India is working tirelessly to augment India’s health infrastructure, he said. Modi said the focus is on ensuring good quality and affordable healthcare to the country’s citizens.
“It makes every Indian proud that our nation is home to the world’s largest healthcare scheme, Ayushman Bharat,” he said in a series of tweets.”I feel very happy when I interact with beneficiaries of schemes such as PM Jan Aushadhi. Our focus on affordable healthcare has ensured significant savings for the poor and middle class,” Modi asserted.
At the same time, the government is strengthening the Ayush network to further boost overall wellness, he said.”In the last 8 years, the medical education sector has undergone rapid transformations. Several new medical colleges have come up. Our Government’s efforts to enable study of medicine in local languages will give wings to the aspirations of countless youngsters,” the prime minister said.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022