COVID-19 cases on Friday, highest since the outbreak of the pandemic, taking the caseload to 3,12,748.
The earlier biggest-ever rise had been recorded only the day before with 2,410 cases.
Eleven COVID-19 patients died since Thursday evening, taking the toll to 4,539, the state health department said.
At the same time 2,066 patients were discharged, pushing the recoveries to 2,94,650.
Of 11 deaths, three each were reported in Surat, Rajkot and Ahmedabad and one each in Vadodara and Bharuch.
Surat reported the highest 644 new cases.
As many as 629 new cases were found in Ahmedabad, followed by 375 in Vadodara and 307 in Rajkot.
There are 13,559 active cases in Gujarat out of which the condition of 158 patients is critical.
The state’s recovery rate now stands at 94.21 per cent.
On Friday 3,51,802 people were given a first dose of coronavirus vaccine.
Gujarat’s COVID-19 figures are as follows: Positive cases 3,12,748, new cases 2,640, death toll 4,539, discharged 2,94,650, active cases 13,559, people tested so far – figures not released.
- Amid unprecedented cases, Delhi govt converts 14 top private hospitals into COVID-only facilities - April 14, 2021
- UK expands COVID-19 vaccine programme to over-45s, UK PM urges caution - April 14, 2021
- COVID-19: Curfew in Maharashtra for 15 days from April 14, says CM Uddhav Thackeray - April 14, 2021
- Covid-19: India fast tracks vaccine imports, pricing unclear - April 14, 2021
- From dry mouth to hearing loss: Some lesser-known COVID symptoms to watch out for - April 14, 2021
- All women Lions club plans to set up a Charitable Clinic for Women and Children of Slum areas in Indiranagar in the city - April 12, 2021
- Go green with Mediterranean diet’s new form - April 12, 2021
- Shruti Seth opens up about nailing 3-minute headstand post laparoscopic surgery - April 12, 2021
- Safe Motherhood Day: How to prepare for a safe IVF pregnancy - April 12, 2021
- Vaccinated Indian national among 20 new COVID-19 cases reported in Singapore - April 12, 2021