Surya Namaskar, Salute to the Sun or Sun Salutation, is a practice in yoga as exercise incorporating a sequence of some twelve gracefully linked asanas. The asana sequence originated in the Hatha Yoga tradition on 9th century in India.
Benefits of suryanamaskar :
Tones muscles and improves flexibility
All the asanas carried out in Surya Namaskar focus on different muscle groups and nerve centers called Chakras. This helps you tone almost all your body parts including arms, abs, thighs, and butt. It also gives you more flexibility and improves your body posture.
Great cardio training and hormonal balance
Surya Namaskar gives your body a quick and nice workout. If done in a fast manner, it acts as a cardio workout for your abs, thighs, and butt. Improved blood circulation results in low cholesterol levels and improved heart health. Another benefit of proper blood circulation is a good hormonal balance. Keep in mind that blood is the carrier of our hormones, so, if it is working properly, they’ll reach all your organs without a problem.
Improves digestion and promotes weight loss
Proper exercise and proper rest along with a balanced diet result in improved insulin sensitivity. Sun salutations stimulate the digestive tract by producing the right kind of digestive juices. Thus, you improve your metabolism, which helps you get rid of all toxins and burn all the extra calories.
Increases energy and awareness levels
Along with asanas, the breathing pattern is also an important aspect of Surya Namaskar. This gives deep conscious relaxation to the body and mind. It helps to relax the mind and sharpen the senses. It increases your self-awareness, which increases your energy levels.
Enables Better Absorption of Nutrients
Proper blood circulation and digestion enables better absorption of nutrients, which in turn improves your overall health. Nutrient absorption helps to carry out vital functions in the body. In today’s world, unhealthy lifestyles have led to many disorders like thyroid dysfunction, PCOD, PCOS, obesity, etc. Surya Namaskar can be part of a healthy routine which is proven to keep such diseases at bay.
Reduces moods swings and brings more emotional stability
Deep breathing techniques with specific asanas provide great relaxation to the nerve cells or chakras. It can positively impact brain functioning. Specifically, it helps you balance between the right and left sides of the brain. This brings you more emotional stability and increases your creativity and mental capacity.
Improves Your Skin’s Glow
A nice-glowing skin is a result of good blood circulation, good digestion, relaxation and good sleep. You get all of this with sun salutations!
- Colombia reaches 1 million confirmed coronavirus cases - October 25, 2020
- गृह मंत्री डॉ. मिश्रा और कृषि मंत्री श्री पटेल ने विजयादशमी की दी शुभकामनाएँ - October 25, 2020
- Skip Costume Contact Lenses This Halloween - October 25, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री श्री चौहान ने प्रदेशवासियों को दी विजयादशमी की शुभकामनाएँ - October 25, 2020
- Tata Memorial Centre Walk In 26th and 27th Oct 2020 for Bpharma Dpharma Bsc Msc DiplomaMultiple Positions - October 25, 2020
- S Kant Healthcare Ltd Walk In Interviews for Quality Assurance on 30th Oct 2020 - October 25, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री निवास में दुर्गा नवमी पर पूजा अर्चना और कन्या पूजन - October 25, 2020
- राज्यपाल श्रीमती पटेल ने विजय दशमी पर्व की बधाई दी - October 25, 2020
- कोविड-19 को हराने का और एक बने, नेक बने का ले संकल्प: श्रीमती पटेल - October 25, 2020
- Samsung Electronics Chairman Lee Kun-hee Dies at 78 - October 25, 2020