As Prime Minister Narendra Modi leads India’s fight to prevent the ‘third wave’ of coronavirus, the spectre of influenza, viral fever and dengue has started looming over the country. But ayurveda experts claim the seasonal spurt in infections can be countered with immunity boosting herbal drugs like Fifatrol that hasten recovery and strengthen immunity of the patient.
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) ayurveda expert Professor KN Dwivedi said that even though virus has no cure so far, in ayurveda there are some herbs and formulations that can prevent progression of infections due to seasonal influenza and mosquitoes and gradually eliminate them.
Professor Dwivedi pointed out that Fifatrol, a formulation of immunity strengthening herbo-mineral preparations like
guduchi, daruharidra, apamarga, chirayata, karanja, kutaki, tulsi, godanti (bhasam), mrityunjaya rasa, tribhuvana kriti rasa and sanjivani vati, has been found to help fight infection, flu
Herbal drug Fifatrol, developed by AIMIL Pharma, is being recommended by ayurveda experts to even dengue and viral flu infected patients. Earlier, during a trial on dengue patients at AIIMS, Bhopal, the drug was found to have increased platelet counts significantly.
Professor Dwivedi said there are four types of dengue — serotypes 1 to 4 — at play. The prevalence of serotype-2 has been growing very fast across the states, he added. This is more severe than other types of dengue fever. In serotype-2 dengue infections, platelets drop rapidly and the body’s immune response is hyperactive, resulting in a cytokine storm which can damage the organs. This variant of dengue also impacts the kidneys.
“This drug (Fifatrol) being enriched with immune enhancing herbo-mineral preparations can fight bacteria, viruses and allergens and provides fast relief from nasal congestion, sore throat, body ache, headache,” said Dwivedi. The herbal drug also figures among nearly 200 technologies and research activities evaluated by experts in a compendium for combating coronavirus as compiled by the National Research Development Corporation.
The herbal formulation offers an improved immune system to fight off viral, bacterial and other infections, normalises raised body temperature, speeds up recovery and eases the associated symptoms like cold, flu and congestion, added Sanchit Sharma, Executive Director, AIMIL Pharma.
The WHO estimates that one in every five people worldwide can become infected with viral fever and vector-borne disease during the peak of the season in a year.
- Essential Eye-Care Tips For A Safe Diwali - October 27, 2021
- Mansukh Mandaviya to hold meeting with state health ministers - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Kerala logs 7,163 new cases, 482 deaths - October 27, 2021
- Govt plans to invest Rs 100 cr per district to upgrade healthcare infra - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Active cases drop to 74,735 in Kerala - October 26, 2021
- Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission: Everything you must know about ‘India’s largest health infra scheme’ - October 26, 2021
- Moderna to supply Africa with up to 110 million COVID doses - October 26, 2021
- India committed to supplying COVID-19 vaccines to other nations - October 25, 2021
- Mamata Banerjee asks people to wear mask to prevent spike in Covid cases - October 25, 2021
- Dengue cases in Delhi cross 1,000-mark; over 280 fresh cases in one week - October 25, 2021