While organic food and products have been around for decades, it is now owing to the pandemic, that more people are conscious of the nutrition they are consuming. So, they are not only focusing on the freshness of products on the kitchen shelf they are also interested in its origins. But the question is, how is organic better?
Simply put, organic food is produced in a natural way, without using any chemicals or processing, making it safer for human consumption. The absence of any foreign additives in them, makes them richer in antioxidants, that play an important role in enhancing overall health. In addition, the lack of chemical pesticides, or steroids in case of meat production, makes the organically grown foods taste better as compared to the conventionally produced food. And most importantly, organic farming is both sustainable, and environment-friendly.
The COVID pandemic, much like every health crisis in the history of mankind, has worked as a catalyst to large scale behavioral changes. The internet has been flooded with tips and tricks on how to live a healthy lifestyle. Now, I am sure most of the tips and tricks available online can come handy at times, but for a disease that preys on poor immunity, the best way to stay safe is to figure out the right ways to boost immunity. While, the key to boosting immunity is a healthy diet, the acute lack of time, and unavailability of resources, often deprive modern people of the necessary nutrition on a daily basis. However, luckily for them, there is now a wide range of health supplements available in the market that work wonders in boosting the immune system.
Let us check out some of the most common items used in these organic supplements that is the right way to build an immunity system that can help you in your fight against COVID. (#fightright)
Indian gooseberry, also known as Amalaki, is a Vitamin C powerhouse, which is a crucial part of the immunity package. Categorized as an adaptogen, it supports the body’s healthy response to stress of all kinds, and with the properties of antioxidant, it protects against damage induced by oxidative stress. Its high Vitamin C content allows it to treat seasonal coughs, common cold, influenza, as well as, protect from Vitamin C insufficiencies like Scurvy.
- Over 700 doctors died of Covid-19 during second wave: Indian Medical Association - June 12, 2021
- Puducherry: Health Department to hold ‘vaccination festival’ from June 16 - June 12, 2021
- Covaxin: Bharat Biotech to release 3rd phase efficacy data in 7-8 days - June 12, 2021
- Rajasthan govt announces financial package for children orphaned by Covid - June 12, 2021
- G-7 nations expected to pledge 1 billion vaccine doses for world - June 11, 2021
- Japan city uses tsunami lessons for COVID-19 vaccinations - June 11, 2021
- Over 1.17 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses available with states: Centre - June 11, 2021
- “JCB India announces a COVID Relief Package for its employees, aims to Vaccinate all its employees” - June 11, 2021
- Govt issues guidelines on COVID in children; suggests rational use of CT scan; Remdesivir not recommended - June 10, 2021
- Antibody Cocktail treatment during Covid-19: Here’s everything you need to know about it - June 10, 2021