Bhopal: A high-level cancer institute will be opened in Jabalpur at a cost of Rs 120 crore. The project will receive 75% contribution from the Union government and will have state contribution of 25%. 70% of the building construction work has been completed.
Hi-tech cancer institute on cards for Jabalpur
The centre will house a 100-bed hospital along with a high standard laboratory to facilitate patients with medical tests and treatment. This centre will ensure availability of medicines and radiation therapy for regular treatment of cancer patients.
Besides providing medical treatment to patients, the centre will give training to medical and health workers to identify initial symptoms of different types of cancer and its proper treatment.
source: DB post
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022