The country has vaccinated 62% of its adult population with the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine and 20% of the eligible population has been fully vaccinated, Union Health secretary Rajesh Bhushan said on Thursday.
Total vaccination in the country has reached the 77-crore mark. Out of this 57.86 crore were first doses, while 18.70 crore administered were second doses till Thursday morning.
The average daily vaccination rate in the country had gone up to 74.40 lakh in September compared to 59.19 lakh in August and 43.41 lakh in July, Bhushan said. In the first 15 days of September, the total vaccination had reached 11.16 crore doses.
The country saw 30,570 new Covid-19 cases on Thursday. Around 67.79% of the cases reported in the last week was coming from Kerala. The daily active cases in the country were 3,42,923 with a positivity rate of 2.03%. There are 34 districts in the country still reporting 10% positivity and 32 districts having positivity rates between 5 and 10%. Kerala still accounted for 56.80% of the total active cases followed by Maharashtra with 53,220 cases.
- Essential Eye-Care Tips For A Safe Diwali - October 27, 2021
- Mansukh Mandaviya to hold meeting with state health ministers - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Kerala logs 7,163 new cases, 482 deaths - October 27, 2021
- Govt plans to invest Rs 100 cr per district to upgrade healthcare infra - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Active cases drop to 74,735 in Kerala - October 26, 2021
- Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission: Everything you must know about ‘India’s largest health infra scheme’ - October 26, 2021
- Moderna to supply Africa with up to 110 million COVID doses - October 26, 2021
- India committed to supplying COVID-19 vaccines to other nations - October 25, 2021
- Mamata Banerjee asks people to wear mask to prevent spike in Covid cases - October 25, 2021
- Dengue cases in Delhi cross 1,000-mark; over 280 fresh cases in one week - October 25, 2021