India’s COVID-19 tally raced past 34 lakh with a single-day spike of 76,472 cases, while the number of recoveries surged to 26,48,998, pushing the recovery rate to 76.47 per cent on Saturday, according to the Union health ministry.
The total number of COVID-19 cases rose to 34,63,972, while the death toll due to the disease climbed to 62,550 with 1,021 people succumbing to it in a span of 24 hours, the ministry’s data updated at 8 am showed.
The COVID-19 case fatality rate has further declined to 1.81 per cent in the country.
There are 7,52,424 active coronavirus cases in the country currently, which account for 21.72 per cent of the total caseload, the data showed.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7 and the 30-lakh mark on August 23.
- Repeal of Obamacare Could Leave Young Cancer Patients in the Lurch - October 24, 2020
- Proton therapy for lung cancer may help reduce risk of heart diseases - October 24, 2020
- 26 अक्टूबर को बैंक भी बंद रहेंगे - October 24, 2020
- AstraZeneca, J&J vaccine trials back on track in US - October 24, 2020
- प्रदेश के बिगड़े वन क्षेत्रों के पुनर्स्थापन के लिए निजी निवेशकों को दिया जाएगा जिम्मा -वनमंत्री कुंवर विजय शाह - October 24, 2020
- Early Appendicitis Symptoms, Signs, Treatment, Causes & Surgery - October 24, 2020
- Germany virus death toll passes 10,000: health institute - October 24, 2020
- नये विश्वविद्यालयों के भवन हाईराईज बनें - October 24, 2020
- Nagpur College Pharmacy 18 posts Faculty Recruitment - October 24, 2020
- Abbott MPharm PhD Work as Regulatory Affairs Head - October 24, 2020