India’s COVID-19 tally raced past the 38-lakh mark on Thursday with the sharpest single-day spike of 83,883 fresh cases, while the number of recoveries surged to 29,70,492, pushing the recovery rate to over 77 per cent, Union health ministry data showed.
The total number of coronavirus cases in the country mounted to 38,53,406, while the death toll climbed to 67,376 as 1,043 people succumbed to the disease in a span of 24 hours, the data updated at 8 am showed.
The national COVID-19 recovery rate has risen to 77.09 per cent and the case fatality rate due to the infection has further declined to 1.75 per cent.
There are 8,15,538 active cases of coronavirus infection in the country which comprise 21.16 per cent of the total caseload, the data stated.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7 and went past 30 lakh on August 23.
According to the Indian Council of Medical Research, a cumulative total of 4,55,09,380 samples have been tested up to September 2 with 11,72,179 samples being tested on Wednesday — the highest in a day so far.
- प्रदेश के बिगड़े वन क्षेत्रों के पुनर्स्थापन के लिए निजी निवेशकों को दिया जाएगा जिम्मा -वनमंत्री कुंवर विजय शाह - October 24, 2020
- Early Appendicitis Symptoms, Signs, Treatment, Causes & Surgery - October 24, 2020
- Germany virus death toll passes 10,000: health institute - October 24, 2020
- नये विश्वविद्यालयों के भवन हाईराईज बनें - October 24, 2020
- Nagpur College Pharmacy 18 posts Faculty Recruitment - October 24, 2020
- Abbott MPharm PhD Work as Regulatory Affairs Head - October 24, 2020
- US sees daily record of nearly 80,000 new COVID-19 cases - October 24, 2020
- Vitamin A Boosts Fat Burning In Cold Conditions, Study Shows Hope For Obesity | मोटापा के इलाज की जगी उम्मीद, शोध में खुलासा - October 24, 2020
- Anesthetic Uses, Addiction & Withdrawal - October 24, 2020
- Biden pledges free Covid vaccine for ‘everyone’ in US if elected - October 24, 2020