The country’s leading manufacturer of Earthmoving and Construction Equipment, JCB India announced a 10 day pause across all its manufacturing facilities in India. The company has cited the rising number of COVID cases for this temporary suspension.
Mr Deepak Shetty, CEO and Managing Director of JCB India said,
“Due to an increase in the infection rate around us, the health and safety of our colleagues and their families has become even more important. We have decided to pause manufacturing operations for 10 days, starting 1st of May 2021. This is a precautionary measure and applies to all our manufacturing locations at Ballabgarh, Pune and Jaipur”
“Sufficient inventory levels have been built to support the demand for our products during this period. We do not foresee any challenges in the availability of JCB products for our customers in India or for our export markets. All our customer and dealer facing functions will operate normally, while adhering to local guidelines. There will be no disruption in product support for equipment being used by our customers due to this pause”
“JCB has a wide dealership network with over 700 outlets across India. We have invested significantly in digital technology across our operations. Today our customers can get door delivery for their Parts requirement if they place an order online or through our Mobile Application. Our advanced Telematics technology also helps customers manage their fleet and get alerts on Service, Operations and the Security of their machines on their mobile devices”
He further added.
“It is important to break the chain of the infection. Most of our employees in our offices are already working from home and this temporary pause of Manufacturing activities will further help in lowering the active number of cases in and around our Manufacturing Facilities.
- Over 700 doctors died of Covid-19 during second wave: Indian Medical Association - June 12, 2021
- Puducherry: Health Department to hold ‘vaccination festival’ from June 16 - June 12, 2021
- Covaxin: Bharat Biotech to release 3rd phase efficacy data in 7-8 days - June 12, 2021
- Rajasthan govt announces financial package for children orphaned by Covid - June 12, 2021
- G-7 nations expected to pledge 1 billion vaccine doses for world - June 11, 2021
- Japan city uses tsunami lessons for COVID-19 vaccinations - June 11, 2021
- Over 1.17 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses available with states: Centre - June 11, 2021
- “JCB India announces a COVID Relief Package for its employees, aims to Vaccinate all its employees” - June 11, 2021
- Govt issues guidelines on COVID in children; suggests rational use of CT scan; Remdesivir not recommended - June 10, 2021
- Antibody Cocktail treatment during Covid-19: Here’s everything you need to know about it - June 10, 2021