Bhopal: Sections of private medical practitioners are up in arms against the National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill that proposes to replace the apex medical education regulator Medical Council of India (MCI), with anew body National Medical Commission.
JUNIOR DOCS DIVIDED AFTER LEADERS OF THREE MEDICAL COLLEGES CALL OFF STRIKE
Demonstrating against NMC, a 12-hourlong strike was announced
A day after presidents of Junior Doctors Association (JDA) of three medical colleges jointly decided to call off their strike, a group of junior doctors
expressed discontent with the decision. Junior doctors of medical college in Jabalpur said that their leaders were pressurized and not allowed to consult with fellow residents.
by doctors of private hospitals and nursing homes in Bhopal on Saturday. Dr Sanjay Gupta, spokesperson of Indian Medical Association (IMA), Bhopal, said, “IMA
A delegation of junior doctors met additional chief secretary RS Julaniya on Friday evening and called off their five-day long strike. Meanwhile, junior doctors of Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, Indore, who were also continuing their strike till Saturday, decided to call it off after they were assured a
meeting with CM Chouhan.
strictly says no to the NMC Bill.” IMA had said earlier that critical services including emergencies and in-patients’ care would continue unhindered.
source: BD post
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022