Kerala on Sunday logged 10,691 fresh COVID-19 cases and 85 deaths, taking the infection count to 47,94,800 and fatalities to 26,258 till date.
With 12,655 more people recovering from the virus since Saturday, the total recoveries touched 46,56,866 and the active cases dropped to 1,11,083, an official press release said.
As many as 81,914 samples were tested in the last 24 hours, the release said.
Among the 14 districts, Ernakulam recorded the highest number of cases with 1,639 followed by Thrissur (1,378), Thiruvananthapuram (1,197) and Kozhikode (976).
The State has been showing a decline in the daily fresh cases after crossing the 30,000-mark post-Onam festival in August.
Of the new cases, 52 were health workers, 50 from outside the State and 10,196 infected through contact with the source of it not bein clear in 393.
There are currently 3,61,495 people under surveillance in various districts, of whom 3,48,743 are in home or institutional quarantine and 12,752 in hospitals.
- Ayush Ministry signs MoU with Ministry of Rural Development to empower the rural youth - March 17, 2023
- Know what’s best for your ‘Kidney’ – Understand the ‘Y.’ - March 9, 2023
- KidneyHealthForAll on World Kidney Day - March 9, 2023
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022