Kerala on Wednesday reported 11,079 fresh COVID cases and 123 deaths, taking the total caseload to 48,20,698 and fatalities to 26,571. The state has been showing a decline in the daily fresh cases after crossing the 30,000-mark post-Onam festival in August.
With 9,972 more people recovering from the virus since Tuesday, the total recoveries touched 46,95,904 and the active cases dropped to 97,630, a state government release said As many as 89,995 samples were tested in the last 24 hours.
Among the 14 districts, Ernakulam recorded the highest number of cases with 1,794, followed by Kozhikode (1,155), Thiruvananthapuram (1,125), Thrissur (1,111) and Kottayam (925).
Of the new cases, 58 were health workers, 53 from outside the State and 10,608 infected through contact with the source of it not being clear in 360.
There are currently 3,39,688 people under surveillance in various districts, of whom 3,28,426 are in home or institutional quarantine and 11,262 in hospitals.
- Essential Eye-Care Tips For A Safe Diwali - October 27, 2021
- Mansukh Mandaviya to hold meeting with state health ministers - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Kerala logs 7,163 new cases, 482 deaths - October 27, 2021
- Govt plans to invest Rs 100 cr per district to upgrade healthcare infra - October 27, 2021
- COVID-19: Active cases drop to 74,735 in Kerala - October 26, 2021
- Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission: Everything you must know about ‘India’s largest health infra scheme’ - October 26, 2021
- Moderna to supply Africa with up to 110 million COVID doses - October 26, 2021
- India committed to supplying COVID-19 vaccines to other nations - October 25, 2021
- Mamata Banerjee asks people to wear mask to prevent spike in Covid cases - October 25, 2021
- Dengue cases in Delhi cross 1,000-mark; over 280 fresh cases in one week - October 25, 2021