August 2020: Krea University has inked a significant partnership with Kauvery Hospital, a reputed name in healthcare, to operate and maintain a health centre and pharmacy at Krea University campus in Sri City. The partnership also brings with it a bouquet of specialised health services, in line with the University’s focus on providing high quality support for the health and wellbeing of Krea students, faculty and staff.
Krea University was set up with an aim to re-imagine education for the 21st century. The 40-acre campus stands about 60 kilometres north of Chennai in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh and is replete with state-of-the-art facilities, with special emphasis on the physical and mental health requirements of the students, faculty and staff.
“Krea University is proud to ink collaboration with Kauvery Hospital to provide 24 x 7 healthcare services for our Sri City campus to serve the needs of all our community members. Kauvery Hospital is a trusted and leading 1300 bed multispeciality hospital and well known in the healthcare sector for its ethical practices. Through this partnership we look forward to providing continuous and quality medical support to all Krea students and staff”, said Group Capt. Puthan Ramesh – Chief Administrative Officer of Krea University Campus.
The Krea campus health centre, managed by Kauvery Hospital will have a dedicated general practitioner and occupational health nurses on duty, with the doctor available over call 24×7, ensuring that all medical requests and emergencies are swiftly dealt with. The health centre will also have a BLS ambulance with round the clock service availability and routine first aid facilities. The onsite pharmacy will cater to the needs of the campus residents with well stocked inventory. Apart from dedicated case basis support and follow ups, there will also be routine check-ups and health promotion activities. From time to time, healthcare specialists will also be arranged to make campus visits.
The partnership also brings forth holistic healthcare management which could include Continuous Medical Education on a monthly basis, rendering professional advice to the campus administration in safety and hygiene practices- from maintenance of buildings, kitchen area, food and water testing to student dietary chart. Advise on COVID management protocols will also be contributed. The students and members of the staff at Krea shall be entitled to avail treatment for any diseases at any of the Kauvery Hospitals in Tamil Nadu including treatment for COVID-19.
Kauvery will also join forces with Krea University through the extension of its community campaigns.
- Exercise Ups Life Span for Type 2 Diabetics - October 19, 2020
- How melanoma deceives the immune system, increasing resistance to immunotherapy - October 19, 2020
- Antivirals have little effect on mortality in patients hospitalised with COVID-19, suggest WHO trial interim results - October 19, 2020
- Newer Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug May Help Ease Tough-to-Treat Cases - October 19, 2020
- Garmin® introduces the Venu GPS smartwatch with stunning AMOLED display - October 19, 2020
- गृह मंत्री डॉ. मिश्रा और कृषि मंत्री श्री पटेल ने किया शोक व्यक्त - October 19, 2020
- Kim Sledge and the World We Want partner with WHO Foundation to re-record unity anthem “We Are Family” in response to COVID-19 and to focus on global public health needs - October 19, 2020
- These Foods Are Full Of Vitamin A, Add Them To Your Diet Soon - October 19, 2020
- Vitamin D Won’t Reduce Risk of Depression - October 19, 2020
- What will it take to make COVID-19 vaccines globally available? - October 19, 2020