Lupin Diagnostics recently launched its first reference laboratory under the diagnostics division in Kolkata to comprehensively cater to the Eastern region. Lupin Diagnostics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lupin had forayed into the diagnostics segment in December last year. As part of its strategy to provide integrated healthcare in India, Lupin Diagnostics is expanding its laboratories network in Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, West Bengal and Assam.
Lupin Diagnostics has more than 100 Lupin’s franchise collection centres called as LupiMitra already enrolled for its Eastern region operations.
While talking about the development, Lupin Diagnostics Vice President and Head Ravindra Kumar, “There is a need for timely and accurate diagnosis for effective treatment as about 70 per cent of treatment decisions are based on accurate diagnostics tests. Evidence-based treatment has to be adopted to adapt to the concept of new normal in India.”
Lupin Diagnostics is equipped to offer all major diagnostics services, preventive health checkups, and a comprehensive range of tests. Processing of all tests will be operated by Lupin Healthcare as a hub and will be connected to a nation-wide network of regional, satellite and collection centers.
In addition, Lupin is also planning to identify franchisee partners who are willing to serve the needs of patients.
The company has established a state-of-the- art 45,000 square feet National Reference Laboratory in Navi Mumbai in December last year. Equipped with state of the art equipment, experienced doctors, trained technologists and stringent quality control, Lupin Diagnostics will provide a comprehensive range of diagnostic tests. These include molecular diagnostics, cytogenetics, flow cytometry, microbiology, serology, histopathology and cytology, haematology, immunology, amongst others.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022