Madhya Pradesh’s largest COVID-19 care centre has come up in Indore with various items like clothes for patients, beddings and oxygen machines worth Rs 5 crore donated by people, a senior state official said. The centre, set up within a fortnight, is equipped with beds made out of cardboard which can be easily disposed of after use, MP government’s COVID-19 advisory committee member Dr Nishant Khare told reporters on Monday.
Located in a community satsang complex on the Khandwa road, the facility will have 600 beds in the initial phase and the capacity can be raised to 6,000 beds, if required, he said. “It is the largest such facility in Madhya Pradesh. Various items, like clothes for patients, beddings and oxygen machines worth Rs 5 crore, were donated by industrial groups, traders’ bodies and social organisations,” the official said.
Patients having mild symptoms of COVID-19 and those living in small houses where they cannot stay isolated will be
kept in this centre, he said. Four private hospitals have been entrusted with the responsibility of providing medical and nursing facilities at the centre, he said.
Indore, which is the worst hit by COVID-19 in the state, has so far reported 92,768 cases of the viral infection and 1,062 deaths, as per official data.
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021