Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited Leader of the Opposition and senior Congress MLA Abdul Mannan on Saturday, who is currently admitted in a city hospital. Mr. Mannan was hospitalised last Wednesday following protest in the State Assembly triggered by his suspension from the House for two days.
On Saturday afternoon Ms. Banerjee along with two other Ministers met Mr. Mannan and inquired about his health. She also wished him a speedy recovery.
Last Wednesday chaos ensued inside the State Assembly when the combined Opposition of Left and Congress protested against the passage of a Bill imposing payment of compensation on protesters if they damaged public properties during violent agitations.
The Opposition MLAs including Mr. Mannan were protesting against the Bill and during the protest he was suspended by the Speaker.
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022
- ‘Friendly viruses’ can be the next big thing in the history of medical research and more - April 5, 2022
- No setback to Bharat Biotech even as WHO suspends Covaxin UN supply: Sources - April 4, 2022
- Govt panel recommends Serum’s Covovax dose for kids aged 12 and above - April 4, 2022