11hr Complex Oncological Surgery was a success
Surgery resulted in elimination of cancer, giving new lease of life to a 20 Year old student from UP
Practitioners at Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital and Research Center have succeeded in the complex surgery to remove the cancerous lump from pelvic bone. With this surgery doctors were able to construct pseudo joint using mesh Arthoplasty technique. This technique will allow the patient to normally walk and work within two months. This unique surgery was performed by Ortho-Oncologist, Dr. Praveen Gupta, cancer surgeon Dr. Arvind Thakuria and Anesthesiologist Dr. Manisha Hemrajani and her team at BMCHRC.
“Multiple important organs of the body like rectum, bladder, and some of the sex organs are connected around the pelvic bone. In such a situation, it is challenging to keep all the organs safe during surgery of pelvic bone. The structure of the complex veins near the hip joint makes the operation of this organ even more complicated.” stated Dr. Arvind Thakuria, Cancer Surgeon.
“In this operation both the hip joint and pelvic bone were removed along with the cancerous lump. Mesh Arthoplasty technic was used to make pseudo joint of the patient’s legs, in which the mesh was attached to both bones in a crisscross style.” confirmed Dr Gupta
“Usually an artificial implant is used to connect the bones, which is not useful in hip joint because of repeated folding and load on the hip joint. If that implant is used in this joint then it might break quickly and repeated surgery would be required. To save patients form repeated surgery mesh arthoplasty technic is a blessing. With this technique, the patient will be able to walk and lead a normal life in just 6 weeks after surgery.” added Dr. Gupta
Advantages of this technique
The cost of surgery the the use of an artificial implant is Rs 5 to 8 lakh which can be reduced to 3 to 5 lakhs by using mesh Arthoplasty technique. The patient is relieved from repeated surgery resulting from the rupture in the implant area.
- Health Tips: Increase Immunity With Natural Antibiotics, May Reduce Chances Of Disease - October 23, 2020
- Restrictions tightened, but no new virus lockdown in Belgium - October 23, 2020
- Unlicensed flu vaccine will not be available for use until December, MHRA says - October 23, 2020
- भारत में पहली बार हींग उगाने की कवायद हुई तेज, जानिए मसालों की शृखंला में क्यों है अहम - October 23, 2020
- What Is the Survival Rate of Retinoblastoma? - October 23, 2020
- Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd QA QC Production and Packing Formulation Jobs - October 23, 2020
- Second virus wave could be worst than first: France hospital boss - October 23, 2020
- World Sight Day 2020 - October 23, 2020
- Health Tips: These Drinks May Be Helpful For Excessive Weight, Know How To Prepare - October 23, 2020
- COVID-19 lockdown reduced mental health, sleep, exercise - October 23, 2020