As much as we are enjoying the nip in the year, there are some concerns that need to be addressed. The weather has not been particularly kind for our hair. According to experts, humidity and hair fall go hand-in-hand, so if you dread combing your hair in the fear of losing some more of your precious locks, you are not alone. Some people also struggle with extra oily scalp and dandruff – there are hair issues galore, and while you can spend a fortune on expensive hair masks and oils, it would be a good idea to tweak your diet a bit as well. You are perhaps missing out on vital nutrients and minerals that contribute to healthy and nourished hair.
Monsoon Hair Fall: Here Are 5 Foods You Must Include In Your Diet For Healthy, Long And Nourished Hair:
1. Methi Dana
Methi dana (or fenugreek seeds) are an ancient remedy for hair loss. They contain good amounts of vitamin E that help treat hair damage and hair loss. They also help combat oxidative stress that has also been linked to hair fall. You can soak some methi dana in a tumbler, leave it overnight, strain and keep sipping into the drink as and when you get time.
Eggs are a good source of protein and biotin, both of which are very crucial for healthy hair growth. Biotin plays an important role in production of keratin that helps boost hair growth and overall health of hair.
Eggs are a good source of protein and biotin
A Monsoon staple in India, jamun (or black plum) is replete with variety of antioxidants, especially vitamin C. Vitamin C is important for collagen production. Collagen helps protect hair follicles and strengthen your hair from the roots.
Spinach is one of the most versatile vegetables you could add to your diet for various health-benefitting properties. The greens are enriched with iron, folate and B vitamins that help boost hair growth as well. Iron-deficiency may cause anemia, which is linked to hair loss.
Fish, especially of the fatty kind like salmon, happens to be a rich source of protein, vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids. While vitamin A helps production of sebum (the natural oily substance that helps keep scalp moisturised), the omega-3 fatty acids help increase hair density. It also contains trace amounts of vitamin D, which helps stimulate hair follicles. Hence, make sure you load up on enough sunshine vitamin.
- Related California Debuts The Penthouse at Fifteen Fifty - October 26, 2020
- WHO reports third straight daily record in virus cases - October 26, 2020
- Colombia reaches 1 million confirmed coronavirus cases - October 25, 2020
- गृह मंत्री डॉ. मिश्रा और कृषि मंत्री श्री पटेल ने विजयादशमी की दी शुभकामनाएँ - October 25, 2020
- Skip Costume Contact Lenses This Halloween - October 25, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री श्री चौहान ने प्रदेशवासियों को दी विजयादशमी की शुभकामनाएँ - October 25, 2020
- Tata Memorial Centre Walk In 26th and 27th Oct 2020 for Bpharma Dpharma Bsc Msc DiplomaMultiple Positions - October 25, 2020
- S Kant Healthcare Ltd Walk In Interviews for Quality Assurance on 30th Oct 2020 - October 25, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री निवास में दुर्गा नवमी पर पूजा अर्चना और कन्या पूजन - October 25, 2020
- राज्यपाल श्रीमती पटेल ने विजय दशमी पर्व की बधाई दी - October 25, 2020