Hyderabad: Every year, July 22 is the birthday celebration of World Federation of Neurology (WFN), 2020 being the sixth year. The sole purpose of the celebration is to create awareness about Brain Health and to address the unmet needs globally. Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a slow degenerative disease which affects almost all functions of the brain and cripples the individual. WFN has shifted the focus on PD this year to help alleviate the suffering of these people on a united front.
COVID-19 has been a nightmare this year and reminds us of the importance of global health. The global PD estimates are frightening with around 7million cases and this number may double by 2050. Thus, steps need to be taken to diagnose the disease early, raise awareness amongst people and promote scientific research to find the exact cause and cure for the disease.
At SLG Hospitals, Hyderabad, Department of Neurosciences has taken the lead to educate people about PD. Dr Abhinay M. Huchche (Neurologist at SLG Hospitals), will be talking live on Facebook on this day to spread the message in the community. PD patients as well as caretakers can avail this opportunity to get their queries solved.
To make brain health affordable and accessible to the society, SLG hospitals will be offering 50% concession on MRI brain for a period of one month with effect from 22nd July, 2020.The brain diseases that will be eligible for this offer include headache, vertigo, stroke, epilepsy, dementia and Parkinson’s disease.
- Restrictions tightened, but no new virus lockdown in Belgium - October 23, 2020
- Unlicensed flu vaccine will not be available for use until December, MHRA says - October 23, 2020
- भारत में पहली बार हींग उगाने की कवायद हुई तेज, जानिए मसालों की शृखंला में क्यों है अहम - October 23, 2020
- What Is the Survival Rate of Retinoblastoma? - October 23, 2020
- Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd QA QC Production and Packing Formulation Jobs - October 23, 2020
- Second virus wave could be worst than first: France hospital boss - October 23, 2020
- World Sight Day 2020 - October 23, 2020
- Health Tips: These Drinks May Be Helpful For Excessive Weight, Know How To Prepare - October 23, 2020
- COVID-19 lockdown reduced mental health, sleep, exercise - October 23, 2020
- मुख्यमंत्री श्री चौहान ने दी अष्टमी और दशहरे की बधाई - October 23, 2020