The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to set up a state-level research institute for the COVID-19 pandemic and other diseases here, state medical education minister Vishvas Sarang said on Saturday.
He said the proposal was approved by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday.
“A state-level public health institute will come up in Bhopal for the research of the COVID-19 pandemic and other diseases including contagious diseases,” Sarang told reporters.
He said various degree and diploma courses will also be run by this institute and experts of various fields will be posted there.
The minister said the state government has also decided to run a “pink” campaign in Madhya Pradesh to detect cancer among women.
“It was seen that women don’t open up on diseases like cancer due to family and social reasons. We have decided to run a pink campaign in urban areas, small towns and panchayat level for the examination of women’s health,” Sarang said, adding health check-up camps will soon be organized under this initiative.
Responding to a query, Sarang said the state government was trying to check the ‘black fungus’ or mucormycosis infection at an early stage.
“The state government has ensured adequate availability of Amphotericin-B injection in the treatment of mucormycosis,” he added.
- Maharashtra reconciles Covid data, India records 3,998 fresh fatalities - July 21, 2021
- COVID-19: Delhi reports 62 cases, 4 deaths - July 21, 2021
- Masked emotions: Infants born during the pandemic - July 21, 2021
- WHO assessing Covaxin data for EUL; Decision date “to be confirmed” - July 20, 2021
- 188 crore Covid vaccine doses required to inoculate 18-plus population: Govt - July 20, 2021
- Delhi reports zero Covid-19 deaths on Sunday, first time since March 2 - July 19, 2021
- HealthTech Startup, Eka.Care raises USD 4.5 mn Seed Funding from Angel and Early-Stage Investors - July 19, 2021
- Is COVID-19 causing new-onset diabetes in children with multisystem inflammatory syndrome? - July 19, 2021
- 40% OF RESPONDENTS HAVE SLEEP DEFICIENCY: REVEALS SURVEY - July 16, 2021
- Bharat Biotech’s partner Ocugen seeks approval for Covaxin in Canada - July 16, 2021