Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday stressed on responsible use of artificial intelligence and protecting the world against weaponisation of AI by non-state actors.
Speaking at the Raise 2020 conference, he said AI has a big role to play in sectors like agriculture, creating next generation urban infrastructure and making disaster management systems stronger.
“It remains our collective responsibility to ensure trust in how AI is used. Algorithm transparency is key to establishing this trust. Equally important is accountability. We must protect the world against weaponisation of AI by non-state actors,” he said.
Modi said India has experienced that technology has improved transparency and service delivery. “The teamwork of AI with humans can do wonders for our planet.”
“We want India to become a global hub for AI. Many Indians are already working on this. I hope many more do so in the times to come,” he said.
The Prime Minister said India has recently adopted the National Education Policy 2020 which focuses on technology-based learning and skilling as a major part of education.
E-courses will also be developed in various regional languages and dialects, he said.
A National Educational Technology Forum is being formed to create an e-education unit to boost the digital infrastructure, digital content and capacity, he said.
“We launched ‘Responsible AI for Youth’ program this year in April. Under this programme, more than 11,000 students from schools completed the basic course. They are now building their AI projects,” he said.
“While we discuss AI, let also have no doubts that human creativity and human emotions continue to be our greatest strength. They are our unique advantage over machines,” Modi added.
- Stressing freedom, vaccine opponents rebranding in virus era - October 22, 2020
- India's First Transparent NT Mask from Comofi Medtech Makes Communication & COVID-19 Swab Collection Easier - October 22, 2020
- Create the Ideal Game Day Gathering Space - October 22, 2020
- Can Ulcerative Colitis Be Cured With Surgery? - October 22, 2020
- Germany reports record new virus cases in 24 hours - October 22, 2020
- Students Join Hands To Carry Former Teacher Across The Finish Line - October 22, 2020
- Introducing SpotOn Virtual Smart Fence – The First and Only Mobile Dog Containment and Tracking System - October 22, 2020
- Could Running Actually Be Good For Your Knees, What Do Researches Claim? - October 22, 2020
- How fear encourages physical distancing during pandemic - October 22, 2020
- Zebra Introduces Flagship MC9300 Mobile Computer Ideal for On-Demand Economy - October 22, 2020