It’s that time of the year again! Navratri is one of the most important Hindu festivals celebrated twice in a year. People from all over the world celebrate Navratri with enthusiasm and fervor. While some take part in the festivities for religious reasons, others look to give their body a much required detox and lose weight. If you plan to fast thisNavratri ensure that it is done the healthy way. It can help you detoxify, cleanse your mind and will leave you feeling great!
Tips to follow to make fasting healthier –
1. Eat small meals and do not starve yourself. This will help maintain blood glucose levels and prevent you from feeling low.
2. Keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots of water and fluids like coconut water, lemon water,green tea and buttermilk.
3. Combine high carbohydrates like potatoes and sabudana(widely used in fasting) with other fibrous vegetables like spinach, cabbage, tomatoes, capsicum, bottle guard, etc. Also try to bake, roast or grill vegetables instead of deep-frying them.
4. Amaranth is the best protein source you can include during fasting. Make amaranth porridge with milk or cook it as namkeen dalia with lots of vegetables.
5. Kuttu is a brilliant combination of carbohydrates (70-75%) and protein(20-25%). Use it to make chapatti instead of gorging on puris.
6. Samak rice are extremely easy to digest and can be consumed in any kind of quantity.
7. Curb those evil sugar cravings by eating a lot of fruits raita, dates, apple kheer, samakrice kheer.
8. Try and adopt healthy snacking and don’t binge on namkeens packets as they are high in salt and fat content.
9. Instead, opt for roasted makhana, mix of nuts (almonds/raisins/walnut)/ baked chips, roasted peanuts, etc.)
10. Substitute sugar with jaggery or honey.
11. Use skimmed milk instead of full cream milk.
- Ayush Ministry signs MoU with Ministry of Rural Development to empower the rural youth - March 17, 2023
- Know what’s best for your ‘Kidney’ – Understand the ‘Y.’ - March 9, 2023
- KidneyHealthForAll on World Kidney Day - March 9, 2023
- COVID case rates hit new high for England, study finds - April 7, 2022
- Govt’s focus on affordable healthcare ensured significant savings for poor, middle class: PM Modi - April 7, 2022
- SRL Diagnostics and Skye Air Mobility collaborate to transport pathology samples using drone logistics - April 6, 2022
- Healthineers sets up new production line of CT scanners in Bengaluru under PLI scheme - April 6, 2022
- Lupin inks licensing pact with Alvion to market drugs in Southeast Asia - April 6, 2022
- Yoga Mahotsav: Ayush Ministry to organise event to demonstrate common yoga on World Health Day - April 6, 2022
- LordsMed forays into the medtech space with launch of health ATMs ‘Lords Sehat’ - April 5, 2022