National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL) announced an investment of Rs 2,100 crore in Manipal Hospitals through its NIIF Strategic Opportunities Fund (SOF), the direct private equity fund of NIIF. This investment marks SOF’s first investment in the Indian healthcare sector. The transaction has been signed by both parties and the closing of the transaction is subject to receipt of certain approvals.
Manipal Hospitals, headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka, has a presence across India with 15 hospitals and a key focus on tertiary and quaternary care. They recently announced acquisition of Columbia Asia Hospitals.
SOF focuses on sectors that are closely linked to India’s growth and benefit from the country’s demographics, consumption, investment, and policy trends. Within these sectors, SOF either through control investments or by partnering with management teams who combine entrepreneurship with governance and expertise.
Sujoy Bose, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of NIIF, said, “We are delighted to partner with Manipal Hospitals in their next phase of growth. Through this investment, NIIF looks forward to playing a role in serving the healthcare needs of India. The strong governance, processes and track record of Manipal Hospitals resonate well with NIIF’s investment philosophy. It is exciting to partner with a highly capable management team that has created one of the most efficient healthcare delivery platforms in the country.”
Dr Ranjan Pai, Chairman of Manipal Education and Medical Group, said, “We are very pleased to join hands with NIIF as Manipal Hospitals continues on its path to reach many more geographies and under-served communities to provide both access and superlative clinical outcomes. Investing in the healthcare sector requires a long-term outlook as well as a sensitivity to social responsibilities, and I am glad that in NIIF we have a partner who shares these perspectives.”
- Molbio’s Nipah test kit gets DCGI approval - September 9, 2021
- 61 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 9, 2021
- RT-PCR accounted for over 70 percent tests conducted in Delhi in last five months - September 9, 2021
- Punjab govt to open 300 new Opioid Assisted Treatment centres to tackle drug addiction - September 9, 2021
- Over five crore people vaccinated in Madhya Pradesh so far - September 9, 2021
- BMC issues new Ganpati festival norms – No pandal darshan, curbs on yatra participants across Mumbai - September 8, 2021
- Early screening & risk assessment through breakthrough technologies - September 8, 2021
- 30 test negative for Nipah so far: Kerala Health Minister Veena George - September 8, 2021
- 88 oxygen generation plants functional in MP, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan - September 8, 2021
- Efforts grow to stamp out use of parasite drug for COVID-19 - September 8, 2021