National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL) announced an investment of Rs 2,100 crore in Manipal Hospitals through its NIIF Strategic Opportunities Fund (SOF), the direct private equity fund of NIIF. This investment marks SOF’s first investment in the Indian healthcare sector. The transaction has been signed by both parties and the closing of the transaction is subject to receipt of certain approvals.
Manipal Hospitals, headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka, has a presence across India with 15 hospitals and a key focus on tertiary and quaternary care. They recently announced acquisition of Columbia Asia Hospitals.
SOF focuses on sectors that are closely linked to India’s growth and benefit from the country’s demographics, consumption, investment, and policy trends. Within these sectors, SOF either through control investments or by partnering with management teams who combine entrepreneurship with governance and expertise.
Sujoy Bose, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of NIIF, said, “We are delighted to partner with Manipal Hospitals in their next phase of growth. Through this investment, NIIF looks forward to playing a role in serving the healthcare needs of India. The strong governance, processes and track record of Manipal Hospitals resonate well with NIIF’s investment philosophy. It is exciting to partner with a highly capable management team that has created one of the most efficient healthcare delivery platforms in the country.”
Dr Ranjan Pai, Chairman of Manipal Education and Medical Group, said, “We are very pleased to join hands with NIIF as Manipal Hospitals continues on its path to reach many more geographies and under-served communities to provide both access and superlative clinical outcomes. Investing in the healthcare sector requires a long-term outlook as well as a sensitivity to social responsibilities, and I am glad that in NIIF we have a partner who shares these perspectives.”
- Covaxin production to increase 10 times by September, says Harsh Vardhan - April 19, 2021
- As Covid cases surge, states raise alarm for beds, oxygen - April 19, 2021
- Maharashtra declares 6 states as places of sensitive origin - April 19, 2021
- COVID: Delhi govt deploys officers to monitor procurement, supply of oxygen and Remdesivir drug - April 19, 2021
- 1,189 samples have tested Covid positive for variants of concern of SARS COV-2 in India: Health ministry - April 17, 2021
- Zydus Cadila to double remdesivir production - April 17, 2021
- Coronavirus India Live Updates: Keep Kumbh ‘symbolic,’ Modi urges seers as India records 2.3 lakh new cases, 1,300 deaths in 1 day - April 17, 2021
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal to hold meeting over COVID-19 situation - April 16, 2021
- Health min issues regulatory pathways for foreign produced COVID-19 vaccines - April 16, 2021
- Amid unprecedented cases, Delhi govt converts 14 top private hospitals into COVID-only facilities - April 14, 2021